Volunteers are the true heart of BeConnected. Our volunteers are invaluable in helping us to achieve our goal of supporting people to be independent, socially active and connected to their community.
As a volunteer, you will be part of a team of staff and volunteers working together to deliver the best possible service to as many eligible clients as we can. Volunteers share their time and talents to enhance and support BeConnected and in turn, our organisation provides a range of volunteering opportunities and experiences. Volunteering is a rewarding and enriching experience. In fact, studies show that volunteers are happier, healthier and live longer than people who don’t volunteer! Come and join our community organisation and enjoy life!
Volunteer roles include:
• Visiting clients at home
• Taking a client shopping
• Shopping for a client and delivering to their home
• Supporting client during social activities
• Assisting with refreshments for social activities
• Transporting clients to and from activities
• Admin duties in our office
• Driving our bus on outings
• Light gardening
• Membership on our Board of Directors
The recruitment process consists of an interview conducted by the Branch Manager and/or Board member where the following is discussed:
• how our organisation operates
• what is expected of a volunteer
• confidentiality issues
• volunteer job description
• work health and safety obligations
• references and police check requirements
• volunteer service sheets and reimbursement of expenses
• completion of the application form which includes
• name and contact details
• health record (in case of emergency)
• current driver’s license, insurance and vehicle registration
• names of two referees
• 100 point ID information needed for police check
• Volunteer Agreement
On completion of reference and police checks, the volunteer will undergo an Orientation program which will include information and training relevant to their volunteer role.
Volunteers have access to a range of free training opportunities on many topics relevant to their roles.